Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mock Interview

The mock interview went a lot better than I thought it would. I was much more relaxed because I knew I was going into a practice interview as opposed to a real one. I also felt much more comfortable with my teacher than I would normally with an interviewer. Overall I thought the interview went well and I answered the questions fairly well; however, there were a couple of bad habits I kept catching myself doing which I would like to improve on. For instance, I kept catching myself looking at my resume that the interviewer was holding instead of making eye contact with her. I also caught myself fidgeting a couple of times with my hands or legs. One of the most important things I learned through doing this was that even though you may know everything about the position you are applying for, it is important to ask questions to let the interviewer know you are interested.

With each interview, practice or otherwise, I find myself answering questions better than the last time, but I still have some improvements to make. I think it would be helpful to go online and read articles and professional opinions on how to answer interview questions correctly.

No comments: