Thursday, January 24, 2008

10 years from now...

My life in 10 years….yikes. Well here goes nothing…

Concerning professional goals, I definitely see myself completing my Masters Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. I know I eventually want to get my Ph.D., but I’m not sure what time in my life that is going to occur. It would be nice to get it early, but I feel it might take me some time to figure out what my expertise will be. My goal is to be working for a major non-profit organization (Partners in Health, World Food Organization, etc.) by that time as well. I have been extremely interested in health care provided to third-world countries for years now. It has been my dream to work directly with struggling countries to give them the aid they deserve. As a part of my job, I would get the opportunity to travel every couple of months to the developing countries I am trying to help, such as Haiti, Africa, and Peru. As a result of this traveling, in 10 years I also believe I will be learning how to speak a second language.

As for my personal life, I can see myself being settled down and married by the time I am 32. I want to either have kids, adopt, or both, but whether or not that will happen in the next 10 years, I have no idea. I can see myself living either on the east coast (Massachusetts, Maine, or Vermont) or on the west coast in northern California. No matter where I go though, I still want my brother, sister, and parents to be a major part of my life. Ideally, I would love for my parents and me to live in the same area so that when I have my own kids, they will be able to see them grow up. It may seem weird, but one of my greatest memories growing up as a child was being able to go to my grandparent’s house whenever I wanted, and I want the same for my children.

My life in 10 years is a pretty hard concept for me to grasp. I have so many ideas of what I want to do and will eventually do, but you never know what life is going to throw your way. So I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

No comments: