Saturday, March 29, 2008

Politics

In past years, I have been one of those people that are very apathetic toward politics. Even though the system is responsible for running our country, I cannot stand the scandals, cheating and corruption that has infused our government. It wasn’t until this year that I became involved and even eager to talk about politics.

After the past 8 years of having Bush as our President, and the mess we have gotten ourselves into, I think it has motivated a lot of young adults to get active in politics. I know I personally researched all the candidates, and even went to see a few of them speak. I was thrilled to get the chance to vote and pick a president for the next four years. However, the state of Ohio, once again, screwed up their primary absentee ballots and for the second time, I didn’t get to vote (still bitter if you can’t tell). This same thing happened four years ago in the general election when Ohio sent out 30,000 absentee ballots too late. I am still upset about it because voting is a huge privilege, and to not be able to have your say in the election is disheartening. Let’s just hope Ohio has their stuff together by the general election.

No comments: